Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. John 11:21
Are we like Martha? Yes, sometimes we are.
We usually tell Jesus,….if you have been here….
– providing for our needs, we would not have starved.
– giving us good health, we would not have suffered.
– guiding us in our lives, we would not be lost.
– blessing us in our work, we would not be fired.
– directing our community, we would not be scattered.
– answering our prayers, we would not have gone astray.
We tend to put the blame on God in our misfortunes and sufferings. We tend to poke Him as if He is absent in our difficulties. We give Him our claim about how we have been struggling as if He is not blessing us all the days of our lives. We always look to Him as an escape goat for our misery and problems.
Our wretchedness and despair, most of time, are fruits of our own actions. Let us be accountable and be responsible.
God loves us unconditionally. God provides for our daily needs, may it be spiritual, physical and emotional. God is faithful even if we are not. God is ever present. God is with us. God is constant. God never fails. God looks after His children. God never abandons His flock.
Lord, you have been here. Lord, you are here now. Lord, you will be here. With us.